[themes] Redirect to a page when login

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Mon Jan 30 16:55:17 UTC 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 6:36 AM, michel ziobudda morelli wrote:

> Hi all. I'm make my themes and I have a button for login/logout page:
> when the user click onto button he is redirect to "?q=user/login" (or
> logout) page.
>
> I need to know if exist a way to redirect a user to homepage when the
> login is succefully and not to remain in "?q=user/user/ID_USER" page.

We have been working on a module called LoginTobbogan that overrides
Drupal's login.  It has a destination ability to determine where the
user should go to after logging in.

You should see a 4.6 branch checked in shortly: http://cvs.drupal.org/
viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/logintoboggan/

There is a fork here: http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/
contributions/modules/gojoingo/modules/logintobbogan/

There might also be a much simpler way to do this via the theme.

Cheers,
Kieran