[themes] php and learning to theme

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Wed Jul 19 19:11:00 UTC 2006

My feeling is that it depends. Some things, like user tests, can be
very expensive resource-wise, and there are other ways to achieve
that result. But other things can be quite easy and not the kind of
thing you find in modules.

For example, one thing I often do is use a conditional to display
different information in the node teaser vs. full node display.

I consider the theme to be precisely where what gets displayed where
is determined. The more hard-coded and/or pre-formatted content is
from the CMS, the more challenging I find theming to be.

Laura