[themes] New theme "Nautilus"

Mark M. Fredrickson MFredrickson at PPMNS.org
Wed Jun 21 02:31:26 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce "Nautilus", a new theme. This is not as much a finished theme as it is a layout engine. With the included module, admins can change the layout of their site (specifically the columns) with the click of a button.

The system is based on the Yahoo User Interface library grid system. This system allows one to nest grid objects within one another, allowing for a flexible but predictable system. This theme is set up to use as many as 5 columns for the page structure. Columns can be added other template files by invoking 'nautilus_grid' and passing in an array, similar to the form API. For an example, look at node.tpl.php.

I still need to write a README and work out the licensing issues with the YUI CSS (covered under a BSD license, so I think I can dual license it).

Until I commit it to contrib, you can try it out from my sandbox:

http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/mfredrickson/themes/nautilus/

Happy hunting,
-Mark