[themes] Anybody else catch this post?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Thu Jun 29 21:47:56 UTC 2006

Mark Fredrickson wrote:
> I am proposing a theme engine that relies on
> blocks, rather than flat files.
<snip>
> My node solution simply replaces the
> .tpl.php files with nodes managed in the database.
Two thoughts spring to mind. Firstly that (from what I've read) querying the
database is often one of the bottlenecks in Drupal - is that not going to
create a performance problem.
It might facilitate an inline theme 'editor' though, I know some people like
  that idea.

Secondly. I have all this useful software with great features like syntax
highlighting, code completion, code folding, integrated access to reference
manuals etc. How do I bring those tools to bear on a tpl in a database?
Not an insurmountable problem, and perhaps not even relevant to the people
your idea is aimed at, but still, I pose the question ;)

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>