[themes] Anybody else catch this post?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Jun 30 13:46:59 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 29 juni 2006 23:47, schreef Adrian Simmons:
> Secondly. I have all this useful software with great features like syntax
> highlighting, code completion, code folding, integrated access to reference
> manuals etc. How do I bring those tools to bear on a tpl in a database?
> Not an insurmountable problem, and perhaps not even relevant to the people
> your idea is aimed at, but still, I pose the question

This is in the same line of why PHP blocks and PHP pages are not perfect.

I think the Ruby on Rails concept of scaffolding a theme, is a lot handier and
will help us a much more then onsite editing of these themes. You run some
commands and have stuff ready on your disk to start themeing with. If all
your modules are in place, yuo run $~> generate.php -type theme -name
MyCoolExampleComTheme -site www.example.com and it creates a long list of
tpl.php files, and so.

Thirdly: how often do you *really* need to change your theme? Right, once,
then you release! You might have some rounds of tweaking afterwards, but that
is hardly a daily task.

Inline theme-editing is only handy if it does not really cover your theme
(which you design once, then never touch), but when used for that grey area
called "layouting a special page". Pages and places on your site that are
neither in your actual design, nor plan 'ol pages. Pages like the "about
section" where you really design every page separately.

Bèr

--
[ End user Drupal services and hosting | Sympal.nl ]

Drupal repareert wederom een kritiek veiligheidslek:
 http://help.sympal.nl/drupal_repareert_wederom_een_kritiek_veiligheidslek