[heur][bcc][faked-from] [themes] Re: theme wishlist?

Mark Fredrickson mfredrickson at ppmns.org
Thu Mar 9 17:29:32 UTC 2006

While I see value to having a "I want to port WordPress theme XYZ to Drupal"
list, my real wish as a designer is for more wireframes/pure layout themes.

Themes that just define some layouts and perhaps some useful functions in a
template.php file would be _way_ more useful to me as a designer than a
fully fleshed out theme with fancy-pants graphics and complex cascades.
Simplicity is what I want. (I guess this is why I keep returning to ArGeeBee
as a basis for themes).

So, what do I want specifically? I want a series of "themes" that build on
each other, each adding more complexity (note that this can be done by
nesting folders - themea/themea_extension/themea_extenions_extensions/etc).
This would allow me to grab the level of complexity that I want, but no
more. Here's an example:

root
- 2 column
-- fixed
--- blue color scheme
---- with images
--- green color scheme
-- variable

- 3 column
-- fixed
-- variable

- wacky hybrid 2/3 column design

...etc

Of course, I'm lazy and haven't bothered to set up my themes like this
either, but perhaps I can spur some community effort. :-)

- Mark Fredrickson