[themes] A Lesson to learned from Mollie template

John Hwang johnyhwang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 05:53:41 UTC 2006

One thing I think we can learn from the mollie templates is the value
of having a single static HTML page with all the basic html elements
in place.

With all the different components of a site in a single page, makes it
not only easier for new designers know what all the different elements
that should be themed, but it also allows the customers/users see the
whole theme on a single page.

One of the hardest thing, I found when I first started working on
drupal was figuring out all the different components that were
available not only in core but also the contrib.  Something like the
pot file generator that would pull all the themeable components into a
single static html would be invaluable timesaver and make life alot
more easier for many themers.  In addition, it would make the
presentation of templates more clearer b/c people can see the themed
site instead of a screenshot.  Lastly, it make the themes more
consistent b/c every core elements of core would be themed and we
would won't end up with themes which choose to theme some modules and
not others.

I'd like to hear other people's opinion about whether creating a
statis page for theming agains is a good idea.

--
John Hwang