[themes] A Lesson to learned from Mollie template

John Hwang johnyhwang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 08:46:24 UTC 2006

I would like to see even basic elements included in this static html page.

1. h1, h2, h3,...,h6
2. tables
3. lists
4. text paragraphs
5. ..etc

And of course, Drupal specific elements

1. closed menu (ul, li)
2. opened menu (ul,li)
3. node titles, text, metadata (submitted by, date created, ...etc)
4. a block from every module installed/activated
5. feature block
6. header - logo, slogan, site name
7. footer - footer message
8. node without image
9. node with image
10. search results
11. aggregator results
12. ...etc

Layout examples - different layouts like the mollie template would we be helpful

Obvious, this is not to say that everything should be themed or
exposed for that matter, but certainly, such a template would be very
beneficial to theme developers.  It would be a long html page but
that's fine...

it would even be nicer if the form elements would hilight the
structure with id/class names.

On 3/10/06, Kobus Myburgh <ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za> wrote:
> I think it is an absolutely marvelous idea, however, I am not sure I have the experience and knowledge to code it. I think however, a diagnostic module that:
>
> 1. Has one of each node type defined in core
> 2. Has a few comment
> 3. Has a forum (and its replies)
> 4. Shows taxonomy terms
> 5. Shows all blocks in Core
> 6. Has some aggregated feeds
> 7. Is extendible (so that you can add blocks/nodes/whatever emitted from other modules)
>
> should suffice for this purpose.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kobus
>

> [...] Something like the pot file generator that would pull all the
> themeable components into a single static html would be
> invaluable timesaver and make life a lot more easier for many
> themers.  In addition, it would make the presentation of
> templates more clearer b/c people can see the themed site
> instead of a screenshot.  Lastly, it make the themes more
> consistent b/c every core elements of core would be themed
> and we would won't end up with themes which choose to theme
> some modules and not others.

John Hwang