[themes] YUI library for themers

Will Wyatt will at willwyatt.com
Wed May 10 21:25:26 UTC 2006

This brings up another question I've had about licensing. These tools from
Yahoo are released under a BSD license. If I were to include one of these
tools in my module or theme, could it ever be included in Drupal since
Drupal requires the GPL for modules and themes? (at least I think I read
that somewhere).

On 5/10/06, Theodore Serbinski <tss24 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> The Yahoo! UI Library: Grids CSS ->
>
>    http://com1.devnet.scd.yahoo.com/yui/grids/
>
> So what does everyone think?
>
> Upon my initial review, I'm liking this. With 3 files, it would be
> relatively easy to ensure cross browser compatibility among basic
> design and layout.
>
> * grids.css - makes it super easy to specify a 1 - 4 column website.
> By default this is fixed width for 800x600 browsers, but you could
> easily tweak this.
> * font.css - normalizes fonts across browsers
> * reset.css - normalizes elements across browsers (h1, ul, li,
> etc...), dealing with spacing and sizing
>
> I think for many designs, these are pretty useful base CSS files to
> build upon. I plan on testing these out in 2 upcoming sites I'm
> working on.
>
> And yes, the obvious caveat, this will never replace a true designer,
> but for something quick and easy, I don't think you can go wrong.
>
> ted

Proud member of the KEXP cubicle army.
http://www.cubiclearmy.com