[themes] theme function documentation (rephrased froward from dev and doc)

drupal vlado at dikini.net
Thu May 11 13:05:54 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 08:44 -0400, Trae McCombs wrote:
> Vlado,
>
> Stay tuned with what's going on with the "Base Theme" movement.  I'm
> not sure how much this will change things in Drupal themeing, but it's
> something to keep an eye on for sure.  It will need MUCH documentation
> when we launch it.
OK, let me rephrase it, again.

With the split-up scripts, I can essentially generate 'visual' or
'designer' clues, i.e. html snippets. That can be done automatically,
as long as I can tell the script what argument in a particular theme
function is of what type.

The base idea is to make something like "unit" html snippets for each
function. It can't be 100% automated - I need the descriptions. I'll
prepare the code, but I might need help to add to the argument
descriptions if this is to be done quicker.

So that's why I'm asking for ideas, and later on for help. The code,
I suppose is not going to change (a lot) between 4.7 and HEAD, and if it
does I'll maintain it. But the descriptions? It is too much for one
person, who is lazy, and doesn't want to go (more) insane.

Think of this as a first stage for 'unit tests' for templates ;)
Cheers
Vlado