[themes] Tango iconset: Default for drupal, is NOT GPL.

Christian Berg xeniac at gmx.at
Tue May 30 20:55:22 UTC 2006

Just an idea for Drupal 4.99: Icon-Themes!

Booth GNOME and KDE have support for themes AND icon-themes.
Maybe we could add an slick and KISS way for this feature.
theme('icon','apply');
If somebody want's an Tango-Iconset, we could host something like this
on an external Drupal "Fan-Page".

Additional: Many New Drupal-Contrib Themes are based on oswd.org
Designs, that have some restrictions too.
for example the andreas01 Theme based on the andreas01 oswd.org Design:

"If you like this layout and would like to use it in any way, you are
free to do so. All I ask for is that you leave the "Design by Andreas
Viklund" link in the footer of the site. If you would like to remove
that line, or if you are interested in professional services that are
related to webdesign or this layout (such as custom design, branding,
scripting or programming), please contact me through my website for more
information!"

Sounds Simmilar to the "CC Bronze" Restrictions to me.

Maybe Drupal Developers should split up the Code from the Presentation
also on their Repositories.
Drupal.org only hosts Drupal Core and Drupal Code that is absolutly GPL.
Drupal-Mods.net or something simmilar hosts a collection of
Drupal-Themes, -Hacks, -Mods, Icon-Themes, Whatever, related to Drupal
but with other licenses.