[themes] admin.css problem and question

Thomas thomas at seedsofblue.com
Sat Apr 14 14:51:11 UTC 2007

In a fixed width format, basically pushbutton set to a width of 800, I'm
seeing the div.admin .right being rendered below and to the right of the
left admin panel in FireFox 2.

One way to fix this is to make a change to admin.css to change the
margin-left and margin-right to be a % instead of fixed 1em.

div.admin .left {admin.css (line 24)

float:left;

margin-left:1em; /* change this to 1% since the width's are specified in %'s
*/

width:47%;

div.admin .right {admin.css (line 29)

float:right;

margin-right:1em; /* change this to 1% since the width's are specified in
%'s */

width:47%;

}

I'm new to CSS and I'm curious about the best practices.  Is it OK to mix a
fixed margins and %age widths or does this normally cause problems?

Thom K