[themes] Theme Settings (was: Custom Configuration Options . . .)

John Wilkins drupal.user at albin.net
Mon Apr 16 22:27:56 UTC 2007

On 3/5/07, Johan Forngren wrote:

> http://drupal.org/node/54990

That implementation looks to have stalled. But it has some
interesting ideas. I took a slightly different tack and looked at how
ANY theme can add settings no matter what theme engine is in use. It
turns out there is an existing API already in core, but PHP Template
doesn't expose it to it's themes.

So I've create the Theme Settings API module so we can hammer out all
the bugs and get a real implementation.  Hopefully, everything will
work smoothly and we can then introduce an issue to fold some of the
module code into Drupal 6.x.

If you want to contribute or integrate this module with your theme,
take a look:

http://drupal.org/project/themesettings

It is well documented (I believe) and relatively easy to implement,
but please submit any issues/bugs you encounter.

  - John

John Wilkins
Albin.Net  :  friendly web development
480.598.3338  :  http://www.albin.net