[themes] Dreamweaver CS3 Extension for Drupal Themeing

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu Aug 2 18:21:22 UTC 2007

Peter, could you pick the most appropriate group on
http://groups.drupal.organd then work with the
g.d.o folks to get a chipin fundraiser started to build the dreamweaver
extension.

How about $3K for starters, and see how many folks chipin?

In the last Drupal user experience survey of 2000 administrators, theming
was consistently the number one issue of most important, hardest to do for
most Drupal admins.  It's my understanding a weak implementation of
Dreamweaver extensions for Mambo brought a lot of designers to Mambo simply
because they could recognize the tools they needed.

Also, any necessary changes to Drupal 6 that would need to be made to
support the extension could still fall under the code freeze if you started
now.

Cheers,
Kieran

On 8/1/07, Peter Apokotos <drupal at apokotos.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any plans to create an Dreamweaver CS3 Extension
> for Drupal Themeing?  If not I would like to put some money in the
> pot to get  one started if needed.  Anyone else looking into doing
> the same?  With the condition that it becomes an open source
> extension and is maintained till either Dreamweaver is completely
> gone (does not mean change of companies or name changes) or Drupal is
> (does not mean change of developers, companies or name changes).
>
> Peter Apokotos
> http;//www.apokotos.com

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.