[themes] Dreamweaver CS3 Extension for Drupal Themeing

blake hall hall.blake at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:52:42 UTC 2007

I've actually seen that mambo extension in use, teaching those who
were already tied to using dreamweaver.

It basically just inserts the <?php print $random_variable_here ?>
statements that our *.tpl.php files are littered with.

I'd think the folks in the themer-pack group: http://
groups.drupal.org/themer-pack-working-group might be of some
assistance sine they have a similar goal (minus the dreamweaver
integration).

I largely agree with Laura (that Dreamweaver is useless), but there
is non-trivial learning curve for dealing with phptemplate, and
creating a drupal theme.  If work towards this extension would
flatten that learning curve I think it's a positive step. Needing a
button to insert <?php print $primary_links ?> into your template,
and knowing that $primary_links even exists are separate issues.  I'm
much more interested in solving the latter ;)

blake hall