[themes] color module and fixed colors

Florian Loretan floretan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 08:29:54 UTC 2007

I'm using a slightly modified version of garland for a project, using the
color module to shift all colors from blue tones to green tones. Now the
problem that I have is that the stars indicating required fields are light
blue instead of red, which makes their meaning less clear to the average
user. There is a similar issues for message boxes, where warnings are blue
but regular messages are red.

The color module handbook at http://drupal.org/node/108459 gives a good
explanation of the process, and indicates how to make sure that some colors
are fixed (they stay the same no matter what the color scheme is). I added
the "Color Module: Don't touch" marker in a comment as indicated, moved the
"span.form-required" (used for the stars indicating required fields) after
the marker and made sure that the color-shifted copy of style.css was
regenerated, but for some reason the marker is ignored.

So my question is: has anyone gotten this marker thing working, either with
garland or with another theme? and if so, do you have an idea of what I
could be doing wrong?

Thank you,

Florian