[themes] conditional output based on value of CCK field

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Wed Jul 25 18:27:28 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,

     i'd suggest that you install Content Template (contemplate)
module, and Developer Module.
These will help you to discover the way to reference the fields you
need.
For example, you will probably need to examine

    $node->field_news_type[0]['value']

or something to that effect.

Also, php.net is a good source of information for basic PHP syntax.

Using these resources, you'll find your code probably looks something
like this:

switch ($node->field_news_type[0]['value'] == 'Retail Week Teaser') {
     case 'Teaser Article':
       // do something
       break;
     case 'Editorial':
        // do something else
        break;
     case 'Full News Article':
        // handle this case
        break;
}

Hope this sets you off in the right direction.

     Good luck, Djun