[themes] Smarty Theme engine

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Tue Aug 19 09:20:17 UTC 2008

Vishakha Tambe wrote:
>   Can anybody tell me how to use Smarty Theme Engine. I'v copied it into
> drupal-5.9/themes/engines/. But i dont know how to use it.
Assuming you've downloaded the correct version of the smarty engine for your
drupal version, you now create your theme using smarty tags. So make a
folder in sites/all/themes that's the name of your theme and get coding.

If you don't know how to use smarty at all then I recommend you don't bother
to learn, just learn some basic php required to use the Drupal's phptemplate
engine - there's lots more documentation and help available for phptemplate.

For a beginner the only difference between php and smarty is angle brackets
<?php ?> vs curly brackets for { smarty }.

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>