[themes] targeting variables in my node-blog.tpl.php file

brendan, fresh-off.com hello at fresh-off.com
Tue Apr 14 01:01:50 UTC 2009

Thanks for your responses CK  Ng and J. Sint Jago!

I don't think my PHP skills are good enough to write the necessary function
from scratch. However, I'm usually able to modify existing examples.

CK, Based on your response to Sebastian and the reading on Drupal.org, it
seems I need to add phptemplate_preprocess_node() to template.php.  But  I'm
not sure exactly how its supposed to be written.

Using the Devel Mod I got the following info (or see attached screenshot):

---

parents: node.tlp.php < page.tlp.php

function called:  theme_links()

Candidates Function names:  myTheme_links < phptemplate_links < theme_links

Next it lists 2 arrays for the theme_links() function.  Those elements are:
links array & attributes array

The links array has 3 elements, the first of which is the array I don't want
to display:  blog_usernames_blog

----

I think that's all of the information I need, but I'm still not sure what to
do next, or where to find an example of the code to modify and insert into
template.php to keep it from showing blog_usernames_blog.

I'm stuck, any further suggestions?