[themes] Pushbutton site-info skewed 3px down in IE7, fine in FF3x

brendan, fresh-off.com hello at fresh-off.com
Thu Jun 25 00:44:52 UTC 2009

sounds like the "3 Pixel Gap" .. but maybe  not, as I thought the "3PX gap/jog" problem didn’t occur in IE7

here's a link I found helpful in the past (for IE6):  http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/threepxtest.html

-------

brendan, fresh-off.com

Creative Direction & Consultation: Web | Print | Brand

http://fresh-off.com

hello at fresh-off.com

206.328.1067

seattle.usa

Pushbutton site-info skewed 3px down in IE7, fine in FF3x
http://drupal.org/node/501386
http://drupal.org/project/pushbutton

"

In Firefox 3.x it works, but IE gives me an extra roughly 3px "border-top" right above the "#site-info".
I am trying to use a background image there, which needs to be aligned with the header-a and header-b images to the left and right of it (all part of one wide background image, split into 3 due to the nature of this theme.
However, the middle part is skewed (pushed) roughly 3 px down, with the same border color on top as the menu links border color, it seems. Trying to switch to a jpg instead of a png does not help, and the PNG-behave module does not affect this either.

Anyone have a clue how to work around this annoyance?
Seems to be related to a bug in IE?