[themes] Workflow Question

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sun Oct 25 13:13:13 UTC 2009

On 25 Oct 2009, at 10:14, Mark Shropshire wrote:

> Thanks to the original poster for bringing up this issue. It has been
> great to see some different approaches for theming in Drupal.

It has been very useful, thanks to everyone who put forward responses,
I'm now happier that there's no *right* way, and that there are
several good ways, so I can take a much more pragmatic approach.

I shall do my first couple of themes as Zen Sub-Themes as they are for
someone that prefers that approach, but I think it would be safe to
say that, like all things worth doing, there are no shortcuts to
perfection.

I shall try all the suggested approaches and hopefully will reach a
'works for me' compromise, in the same way that I have a library of
starter code for a PSD to XHTML project that is ever evolving and took
a while to get comfortable with.

Thanks for all the input. I hope if I have any more questions, they
also create useful discussion!

:)