[themes] page-front.tpl.php not visible

Joop Sint Jago j.sintjago at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 4 17:37:22 UTC 2011

Maybe you are confusing two things:

On this page http://example.com/admin/config/system/site-information
You can enter a specific node to display as your front page.
If you leave this field empty the page will per default show the normal
content feeds (Nodes you create and that are posted the front page)
In my case, this field is set to node/231 as this is my special front page.
(I have clean URL, so no ?q=)
But up to now you have only stipulated WHAT will be on the front page.

When you start theming (by making  a page--front.tpl.php file) you will
decide HOW it (the content) is displayed.

Hope this helps