[themes] Floating blocks in a responsive theme

Jeff Greenberg listmail.ayendesigns at gmail.com
Mon May 28 15:35:04 UTC 2012

I'm using a responsive theme. On the home page I have a large image, and a
block of text that gets floated (not in the css float sense, just the
general term) over the image.

I'm thinking about the mobile presentation, and that I will want the block
of text to appear above or below the image in that context. And that leaves
me completely confused as to how to position the block.

I'm using my_sub_theme -> tundra -> arctica. The documentation for
actica/tundra is lacking, though there is much built into them. Is there a
way to do it so that they will automatically position it properly when
responding to a mobile request? The 'old school' way would be to make the
block positioned absolute within the region, and make the region
positioning relative, or to create a subregion that lays on top of the
region, but I'm fairly certain this would not be the way to approach it.