[themes] Has anyone ported Nature Jars from Joomla?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Oct 9 14:35:44 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Chi" <advancec at gmail.com>

> I would say what you are looking for is a background image, you would then
> slice and use the sides, middle column, and top, where its exposed behind
> the header and Main page, or alternatively you can use a general background
> image, and position the regions of the site on it, then add images to the
> background, and slice from there. You can use a simple theme like this:
> https://drupal.org/project/business and adjust the components around
> it to look just like that.

I might, but I don't begin to know how.  I'm an information architecture guy,
not an HTML guy.  :-)

> The background you reference just consists of this:
> http://joomla16.siteground.com/templates/siteground-j16-23/images/wrapper.png
> and this:
> http://joomla16.siteground.com/templates/siteground-j16-23/images/headerimg.jpg
>
> Which could have been complete image, cut apart, then rejoined to look
> continuous around the website regions

Ah; so they floated the silhouetted image over the background, and then
sliced that up and dropped it in.  But the part where that goes down *past*
the rail is done how?  Or is that merely an illusion, and it *doesn't*,
actually?

Cheers,
-- jra