[translations] Automatic .pot generation

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Dec 13 20:00:23 UTC 2005

Uwe Hermann wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 10:48:31PM +0100, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>

>>This has been suggested before. I think it is a good idea, but we'd need
>>somebody to write a script to do it.
>>

>Is it possible to (easily) automate this?

I don't think it would be hard. All we'd need to do is a cronjob that
runs the scripts once a day (some time before the packages are rebuilt)
and created the POT files using extractor.php.

> What happens if there's a CVS
>conflict?

We would simply overwrite the POT file in CVS. They should not be edited
by hand, I think and there shoudl not be any conflicts.

Cheers,
    Gerhard