CVS (was: [translations] simple question?)

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Fri Nov 25 14:11:20 UTC 2005

mirek wrote:

> just a simple question - i am not so familiar with cvs system, so each
> time, i need to use it, i need to read something, how to commit files.
> so can you please write me some step-by-step manual, how to commit
> files to cvs and to main branch? it will be very helpful for me.

This is quite easy. First you follow the instructions here:
http://drupal.org/node/321
to get a checkout of the branch you want.
Of course you use your own account and not anonymous.

Then you follow the instructions there;
http://drupal.org/node/16784
to add a file.

Please note that we want to have the small files in the repository. In
order to get the small files form a big file, follow the instructions here:
http://drupal.org/node/11311

Cheers,
    Gerhard