[translations] Introduction

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Nov 29 21:29:10 UTC 2005

>>> Would it be possible to release 4.7 POT a bit earlier before final
>>> release? I think there should not be much changes in strings and
>>> translators could at least import strings from 4.6 to have some
>>> translation ready for 4.7 release.
>>
>> Gerhard Killesreiter (killes) is the translation coordinator

Just to introduce myself, I am Gabor Hojtsy, one of the architects
behind the current web based locale facility (mainly language management
and import). I am officially named the locale module maintainer, so
although it did not need much maintanance lately, feel free to direct
discussions about this feature to this list. I was also one of those who
pushed PO files into mainstream use along with Gerhard, but was only
keeping an eye on Drupal development lately because of university tasks
(I am attending university). Unfortunately my university status is not
really improving, I am not particularly good in passing exams on topics
I don't really care about, so in the meantime, I am also in observing mode.

Goba