[translations] Translating the Drupal Newsletter

Dries Knapen dries.knapen at versateladsl.be
Mon Apr 3 16:41:48 UTC 2006

> Certainly, I'll add you to the draft list as well.  Does drupal.be
> also have their own newsletter?

Thanks. Yes, drupal.be has its own newsletter, or that's the idea at
least. We enabled simplenews on drupal.be about two months ago, and
we were now waiting until we had anough subscriptions to send out a
first issue. I was thinking of sending the first issue within a few
weeks. We wanted to include (and translate) some of the items of the
drupal.org newsletter, and in addition to that, the plan was to
include some extra items that are only relevant for Belgium and the
Netherlands.

So my idea would be that I translate the drupal.org newsletter, add
some more region-specific topics, and send that newsletter through
simplenews on drupal.be to the subscribers of the drupal.be
newsletter. A link to that issue could then be included in the
drupal.org newsletter, so people subscribed on drupal.org can find
their way to drupal.be. Obviously, the simplenews node on drupal.be
would be created before the drupal.org newsletter is sent, but only
_published_ online afterwards, since I think that the "main"
newsletter should have the scoop.

How does that sound?