[translations] Where is this translation problem?

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Apr 22 07:08:40 UTC 2007

Miguel Duarte wrote:
> The big problem is not the webmaster. It's the users. I'll give you an
> example, I own a poetry website with 12.000 users a day. A lot of them
> don't know English, sometimes they even find difficult to register on
> the site. How will they be able to use my site, if instead of the
> Portuguese translation, they find an option "story"?

You setup the website, you provide the Portuguese names and descriptions
for your content types.

>>> Is anybody trying to solve this serious quality problem?
>>> On sites already installed what can a webmaster do to solve this problem?
>> 1. On an already installed site, if you have only one language, you can
>> edit your content type names and descriptions to suit your needs.
>
> I believe you didn't fully understood the problem. I can't - that is
> the problem - in the past I could (I remember changing the standard
> translation of "story" with older versions of Drupal). I only use one
> language, but I end up with English words and descriptions on one of
> the probably most used parts of the interface and there is no way I
> can change it. I even tried to access the database directly to change
> it, but the tables aren't in a way that is easy to edit.

*You can!* *Beleive me!* Go try
http://www.liberal-social.org/admin/content/types (your URL comes from
the issue you also submitted a few hours ago). How should I explain that
you should edit your *content type names and descriptions* not your
static string translation, which is not applicable here?

Gabor