[translations] A couple of untranslated strings in 5.x core

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Aug 3 20:57:33 UTC 2007

Cog Rusty wrote:

>>> This is different. Not all node types have necessarily an "edit your
>>> own" permission, so "edit your own" forum topics" is only defined in
>>> the forum module and in no other module.
>>
>> Sorry, I replied too fast. There is "edit own " . $type in node module
>> but it is not triggered except if a string for $type already exists in
>> the database. And I was saying that it is possible to do that.
>
> To be even clearer, I don't mind that "story" is not translated but at
> least the surrounding "edit own" should be translatable.

OK, how much core change would it require. The permission names shown
and stored in the database are the same, just when showing a permission
it is translated in full. If you'd want a permission name translated and
then filled with placeholders, that might need heavy API changes and
database storage modifications. Or am I missing an easy fix?

Gabor