[translations] other tools - Re: import previous translation with kbabel

Augustin beginner2005 at masquilier.org
Thu Dec 27 06:37:00 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 26 December 2007 18:26, Gábor Hojtsy wrote:
> (I never used Kbabel).

What do you use?

Programs to use for translation: http://drupal.org/node/11131

I tested poedit a bit, but my system has a problem with gtk-based
software. I still could use it even though it's less convenient for
me.
The major problem is when I tried to follow the instructions to merge
a translation as in the link below, poedit completely froze and I had
to xkill it.
http://osdir.com/ml/web.wordpress.polyglots/2006-01/msg00017.html

The vim plugin would suit me fine, since I use vim for normal Drupal
development:
But my konsole is not in a utf8 locale and I am afraid that the
resulting .po file will not be in the proper encoding.
(I never managed to make Chinese input software work with a utf8
locale).

:((

That's why I currently try with kbabel, but still with little
result...

--
Augustin
http://minguo.info/ better election methods