[translations] Looking for contrib translators

Jakub Suchy jakub at rtfm.cz
Tue Feb 20 21:08:44 UTC 2007

Addi Berry wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> New to the list since I do not do translations myself.  I am the
> maintainer for the Postcard module (http://drupal.org/project/
> postcard) and I was wondering what is the best way to go about
> finding folks who are willing to do translations for me?  Someone
> that uses the module offered to get the Swedish translation done and
> I would love to get more languages in before I do a 5.x release.  If
> this is not a good venue could you point me in the right direction?

I think the best is to provide .pot template and encourage people to do
translations.

Complete translations should be put to your project into
subdirectory po/modulename.$LANG.po where $LANG is the code of the
language. This is useful, because 5.x already has autolocale module and
6.x will probably have it in core, then all translations in po/
subdirectory of your module will get imported automatically.

Jakub