[translations] Use of variables in t()

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Dec 25 01:40:38 UTC 2008

On Dec 24, 2008, at 5:21 PM, Fernando P. García wrote:

> Derek, hacking core is not a "good practice", my suggestion is for
> Drupal core developers. Nothing about hacking.

Sorry, we seem to be talking past each other.  If your suggestion is
for Drupal core developers, then it needs to be in the form of an
issue in the core queue to be useful, and your email to this list
should include a link to that issue for interested parties (like I did
with the issue about backporting the API documentation improvements to
t()).  As an API change, your issue could only be for D7, and
therefore, while helpful in the future, we'd still have this problem
in D6 and D5 contrib.  Without a link to a core issue, it sounds like
you're proposing a solution to this problem in contrib space, and I've
been trying to reply to your suggestion as such.

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)