[translations] D6 core translations are not yet ready to be released

Drupal Norge drupalnorge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:10:45 UTC 2008

This message should have been out when the translation templates for D6
were published. There are some of us who are very eager in releasing
translation files for development, and since we weren't informed that
the packaging scripts aren't ready yet, we have already tagged and
published a release (tried anyway) of the D6 core traslation files.

Anyway, in addition to informing translators in the mailing list, I
think that this important message should also be stated in the
readme.txt of the D6 translation templates.
Something like:
"The packaging scripts are being modified to accomodate the new naming
conventions as of time of writing. In the meantime,  do not attempt to
tag an official release of your core translations for D6. Please check
http://drupal.org/node/207401  for the status of this issue."

Personally speaking, I would have not tagged and tried to release our
files if we were informed earlier about this issue. 8-)  .  Well...sorry
for giving Derek and Gabor unnecessary and extra work.

With best regards,
John (johnnoc)
http://drupalnorge.no