[translations] Problems with translations (beginner)

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu Jan 24 15:25:33 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 2:37 PM, Dalia Kumpiluvelil
<kumpiluvelil at iik-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Furthermore I have a question regarding the strings attached with "@"; can
> you just overwrite them or should variables like @buddy stay out of other
> reasons? And what should I do with variables with "%" and "!"?

Leave strings like @count, !email or %name alone, these will be
replaced by values in Drupal. If you rename them, your translation
will not work and look broken to the user.

Use the localization client (http://drupal.org/project/l10n_client) module.

> Already translated in Poedit, but not shown on the site:
> -Description
> -Subscribers
> -Subscribe
> -Recent posts
> -user points

These all look legitimate so they should be translated on the site.

> Not found in Poedit:
> -------------------
> -You currently do not have any pending Freund requests from other users.
> -You do not have any pending Freund requests that you have made.
> -To organize your Freunde into groups, visit the edit <
> <http://iik-forum.de/buddylist/6/buddies/groups/edit>
> http://iik-forum.de/buddylist/6/buddies/groups/edit>  groups page
> -Groups are a way to keep your Freunde organized. Groups can be named
> whatever you like
> -Groups are a way to keep your Freunde organized. Groups can be named
> whatever you like.

>From the "Freund" component and the concrete links, these look like
illegitimate strings (ie. they are dynamic in nature, containing
something you specified on the web interface. The others looked
better, but I would not check them one-by-one for you.

Gabor