[translations] FYI: update_status and user_status official release warning

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sun Jan 27 18:25:20 UTC 2008

Greetings, Drupal translator community.

I'm about to create official releases for 2 of my contribs, and I
thought I'd give interested parties a chance to update their
translations since there have been some string changes:

1) [Important] update_status 5.x-2.1 (http://drupal.org/project/
update_status)
This is the highly popular D5 contrib module that tells you when your
site is missing updated releases from drupal.org.  Already in core
for D6, and mostly the same strings, so if you've been working on
your D6 core translation, you can probably re-use the vast majority
of strings for this (or, working on this translation for 5.x-2.1 will
be a healthy start for your core translations).

2) [Low prio] user_status 5.x-1.2 (http://drupal.org/project/
user_status)
This is a small module that gives admins a way to send notification
emails when users are approved, blocked or removed.  Again, this
functionality is now in core, but the strings are probably more
different.  This is a handy module if your site requires admin
approval for accounts, but doesn't seem to be particularly popular or
widely used.

Both are in a complete code/string freeze, and have updated .pot
files in their po subdirectories.  If anyone wants to update a
translation for either one, please open a new task about it in the
respective issue queue, so I know to hold off on tagging the release
until I see you commit or post the new .po files.

http://drupal.org/node/add/project-issue/update_status/task
http://drupal.org/node/add/project-issue/user_status/task

I'm aiming to release both by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, so
please at least let me know sooner than that if you're interested but
need more time.

Thanks,
-Derek (dww)