[translations] update_status 5.x-2.4 contrib release coming soon

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Oct 6 09:04:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net> wrote:
> FYI: The Update status D5 contrib module [1] is long overdue for a new
> 5.x-2.4 official release [2].  I just updated the translation template
> at the end of the DRUPAL-5--2 branch, and there are a handful of new
> strings and a few modified strings [3].  Anyone maintaining a
> translation who wants to get the fixes into CVS before I release,
> please do so ASAP this week.
>
> Obviously, it'd be better if the translation server was providing
> contrib translations, we could remove the translations in CVS, and
> teams could update their translations whenever they wanted (even after
> a release).  Are we there yet? ;)  Just curious.

See for yourself :) http://localize.drupal.org/translate/projects/update_status

Basically, the l10n_server expects you to do a pre-release, if you'd
want to get the translations ready for release, but this is probably
not going to be typical for contrib modules, since translators will be
able to translate right as you release (in about at most 30 minutes
after the release/tarball is out) and the translation .po files will
be available for download at the end of the week latest. (We plan to
do translation .po dumps for modules weekly).

So in short, the translation UI and code parsing is all there. The
actual dumps and the Drupal client support we plan to have are not in
place yet, but we are working on it :)
http://drupal.org/project/issues/search?issue_tags=ldodomination

Gábor