[translations] Update on string freeze, translatability of Drupal 7

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Jan 5 08:18:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Leo Arias F. <yo at elopio.net> wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> On 01/01/2010 10:30 AM, Gábor Hojtsy wrote:
>> Current target date for Drupal 7 string freeze is January 15th, 2010.
>> See http://localize.drupal.org/node/640
> Should we organize a translation sprint after the freeze?
>
> At Costa Rica we have organized with great success two meetings to
> translate drupal modules. An international translation sprint sounds
> interesting to me; but it would require a lot of hands to be properly
> planned.

Well, if teams announce their target dates for sprints, then people
interested in certain teams can help out there. I'm not sure that if
Italian and Chinese would translate at the same time for example, that
would help either team get more people on board. Also, maybe it would
be best to spread the load on the server by having translation teams
not coordinated for the same day :)

Gábor