[translations] staging localization server and more suggested changes

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Mar 9 16:36:39 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just in case you are not aware, localize.drupal.org now has a staging
server with some cool new functionality we are preparing to release.
The reason it is on a staging server is that we are looking for
feedback before we push it on everyone. For more information, see
http://localize.drupal.org/node/993

Bojhan provided a great review of the functionality with pointers as
to what was confusing for him.
http://localize.drupal.org/node/993#comment-4008 He used the free Jing
tool (available for Windows and Mac). You can do that simply as well.
There are some nice improvements coming out of his review, so the
staging server now lists your groups on the top prominently and the
front page boxes are cut down and reordered.

There are two improvements waiting for some reviews:

 - http://drupal.org/node/727574#comment-2691836 with wording changes
and more hover tooltips
 - http://drupal.org/node/737230 with simplification of the initial
look of the filtering form

I'd love more feedback on the staging server and these two issues.
Ideas for other improvements are welcome. It is important you get to
test this out before its deployed, so you'll not be surprised by
issues you encounter when it is deployed. I'd like to make this
service as useable as possible.

Gábor