[translations] Issue for adding context to a string for translation

Hilde Austlid zirvap at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 20:53:10 UTC 2010

Hi!
In Drupal 7, it's possible to add context to strings, to make it possible to
translate the same string in different ways. (More info:
http://drupal.org/update/modules/6/7#locale_context )

I've just opened an issue for adding context to "Strong", which needs to be
translated in two different ways for Norwegian. Since other languages may
have other needs for that string for all I know, I'm posting this alert
here, so others can join the discussion. I've also written a post in the
translations group, at http://groups.drupal.org/node/101564.
The issue is here: http://drupal.org/node/950028

I added the issue tag "string context", please add the same tag if/when you
open issues about adding other string contexts. I don't know if it would
make sense to post alerts about future such issues on groups.drupal.org, or
to this list, or maybe collect them in a handbook page somewhere.

Important: All comments about that specific string need to be in that issue,
not here!

Hilde
(zirvap on drupal.org)