[translations] content/node translation question

Vishwanath T. K. vishytk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 19:16:25 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have create a simple website containing 6 static web pages using drupal.
Around 4 pages created are forms containing various form fields. Now, i have
to convert the same into a multilingual website. I do not want to create a
separate page for the forms as i need only the form field lable(s) to be
translated into multiple languages and not the field data (which will be in
english only).

For example, the form contains fields like:

Name             Middle Name                 Surname
Qualification

My question:

Can i simply create a .po file containing translations for the above
mentioned strings ? This will help me customize the form later, for example,
like re-arrange the position of fields.

Can someone please guide me on this.

Regards,
Vishy