Subject: Re: after drupalcon
From: Dries Buytaert <[email-masked]>
To: Gabor Hojtsy <[email-masked]>
Cc: Steven Wittens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 08:39:31 +0100

Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
> I think it would be nice to switch back to the leaflet image on the 
> homepage in place of the drupalcon image, which is nice, but is not 
> relevant anymore. Also the user accounts having the "I will attend the 
> Drupal conference at FOSDEM 2005" flag should somehow be migrated to "I 
> have been at the Drupal conference at FOSDEM 2005", or this flag should 
> be removed. The wording of the current flag is confusing.

We're going to take down the 'Drupal conference' block as soon the 
conference discussion settled (eg. after the videos are available). 
Maybe by that time, there is something else to 'plug'?  That or, we can 
switch back to the old leaflet block.

As for the attendee-flag.  Shall I remove or rename it?  Removing it is 
tricky as it would result in a number of broken links (404s).  I'd like 
to change the wording and 'freeze' it but unfortunately there is no such 
thing as per-role profile fields.  It would be nice if we could mark 
that flag as 'only administrators can update this field'.  Such feature 
would also be useful to let certain (trusted) user roles use avatars, or 
to let certain user roles plug their consulting business.  The more I 
think about it, the more it sounds as being a 'must have'.

-- 
Dries Buytaert  ::  http://www.buytaert.net/