[consulting] managing many sites

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Tue Dec 13 01:34:13 UTC 2005

I have installed over a dozen websites with drupal, from
4.4 to 4.6.3.

But this can run into a lot of work to do maintenance and updating
when different modules are used and different configurations are used.

I am contemplating updating all of these to 4.7 when I get the chance....
But.... when I do that, some of the modules will break. And some
of the modules are not supported. And the features used by members will
break.

So it is seems that it is not a simple process to keep a drupal site
up to date.

What are your strategies for keeping many different sites on many different
hosting situations up to date and running cleanly with the smallest amount
of time involved in that maintenance?

                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                            .