[consulting] Successful large enterprise deployments of Drupal

Kitt Hodsden kitt-drupal at hodsden.org
Tue Dec 13 06:48:53 UTC 2005

Howdy,

The biggest (thus far) installation I've done is for the
Ultimate Players Association (http://www.upa.org/).  It
has about 20000 users, but most of the community-specific
functionality (forums and comments in particular) have
been disabled in favor of organization specific features
(team rostering system, tournament/league listings).  The
site serves about 1.5 million page hits a month during
the tournament season, and about 400k page hits a month
during the slow season.

The "fun" parts of the site were integrating with their
existing membership database (including logins and member
information updating), and finding the right WYSIWYG for
the non-technical staff (settled on tinymce after the
2.0RC came out).

Not sure if that qualifies as a large enough deployment,
but I think it's rather successful.  The staff can now
update the site without sending the updates to me.

Kitt.