[consulting] managing many sites

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Tue Dec 13 17:00:58 UTC 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 7:14 AM, John Sechrest wrote:

> But this is basically the problem that you have with Civic Space.
> They have a configuration and they give you are tarball, which you
> install
> and then have to spend 20 hours tweaking.

The default configuration for the Political Action Profile is here:
http://civicspacelabs.org/home/profile/politicalactionplatform

This details enabled modules, roles, permissions, and some default
values.  I have been soliciting feedback to reduce you twenty hours
of configuration.  I'd recommend you look at the CivicSpace.mysql
file: http://svn.civicspacelabs.org/trunk/database/civicspace.mysql

In  particular look at at the end of the file where we configure
modules and set default values. You'll also want to look at our
configure module which does a lot of configuration.  There is no
reason you couldn't modify this for your own needs.

Cheers,
Kieran