[consulting] managing many sites

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Tue Dec 13 22:37:27 UTC 2005

=?utf-8?q?B=C3=A8r_Kessels?= <ber at webschuur.com> writes:

 % Op dinsdag 13 december 2005 23:12, schreef John Sechrest:
 % > How do you manage many sites with many different clients.
 % This is a really short question with a waaay too long answer. The short a=
 % nswer
 % is: multisite hosting with provisioning systems, revision control, librar=
 % ies
 % of modules and themes etc.

 Unfortunatly, that is not the world that I end up consulting in.
 I don't have control of the location of the client website in
 most cases.

 But following it a bit further, I know that Bryght has a
 "bryght blessed" list of modules. Does it make sense to have
 a common set of modules on all sites?

 I am starting to see that some modules make my site slower, even
 when I don't have them turned on.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively