[consulting] managing many sites

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Dec 14 06:04:26 UTC 2005

On 12/13/05, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/13/05, James Walker <walkah at walkah.net> wrote:
> >
> > That said - here's a goal for this list: a great service that "drupal
> > professionals" could both get behind and benefit from would be some sort
> > of certification system / rating / etc for modules so there was some
> > clue or indication what in the great big sea of contrib actually
> > *works*. (besides just avoiding stuff with my name on it)
>
> This seems like a great goal, but perhaps the means to get there is to
> wait for voting on modules with the implementation of voting API in
> 4.7.  I'm thinking of voting in categories like stability, usability,
> performance, frequency of updates.

Not so much voting. More along the lines of certification: this module is
designed/written well, and meets certain other criteria, like having
responsive maintainer(s).

Two problems with this plan are the data getting polluted by bad votes
> and that not all modules are hosted on drupal.org meaning that you
> can't vote on them from somewhere else.

AFAIK, no high quality modules (well, with the notable exception of the
BSD-license spam.module) are hosted outside of Drupal.org.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com