[consulting] Re: Fedora Core and the CMS Discussion

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 05:12:12 UTC 2005

On 12/14/05, Jason Flatt <drupal at oadae.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 December 2005 18:19, Khalid B wrote:
> > If Seth or others on Fedora do  not want Drupal because it is PHP,
> > then there is no much we can do about it.
> >

> Maybe I'm missing something here, but the way I read it is that he didn't want
> to do the fedoraproject.org web site with one fly-by-night PHP program after
> another.  I didn't see that as a "no we won't include RPMs of PHP based
> programs in our distribution".

Two different issues got brought up.

1. Using Drupal for some of the Fedora website infrastructure
2. Including Drupal as an RPM into Fedora/RedHat or at least packaging
it nice and letting people install it as an RPM and maybe adding it to
somewhere like Dags repository

I believe that Khalid was talking about number 1 being relatively
impossible to convince them.

Item 2 has it's own set of benefits/problems but is definitely off
topic here and deserves to be discussed elsewhere.

Regards,
Greg