[consulting] DrupalCOM: european Small Business distro

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Thu Dec 15 17:39:58 UTC 2005

 I think that it is important to remember stages of business website lifecycle.

 Here is how I organize my thoughts on it:

 1) No site
 2) A page with a name
 3) A brochure site + menu + data
 4) A database driven site adding features like
    a) Ecommerce
    b) Blogging
    c) Membership
 5) A database driven site which mirrors/engages the business process
    -> Business logic built into site.

 I think that Ber (sp) is trying to aim at level 3 and engage
 a simple to set up brochure site

 I think you are talking about a level 4 site.

Laura Scott <laura at pingv.com> writes:

 % My only quibble would be in disabling user membership capabilities.=20
 % While some businesses don't need it, many could benefit from having a=20
 % client support area for registered users. If "markets are=20
 % conversations," then having some way for people to talk back would seem=20
 % essential for most newer business models. For the rest, wouldn't it be=20
 % enough to simply remove the user login block from the site?

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .