[consulting] CiviCRM Q/A session followup

Zack Rosen zack at civicspacelabs.org
Fri Dec 16 23:47:18 UTC 2005

Thanks to everyone who showed up for the Q/A session.  I'm sorry for
all the initial confusion wrt conf call dial in numbers and IRC
servers.  Hopefully the next time we do one of these that will all be
ironed out.

For those of you who didn't make it I've uploaded a audio recording
of the call here:

http://civicspacelabs.org/home/files/CiviCRM_QA_Dec_16_05.mp3

Also, here are my notes from the call:

Topic: Deployment and scalability
- Mikes tested CiviCRM w/ 350K users and 50 users and it works fine
- Howard Johnson runs it with 50K contacts in a shared host
environment and it works fine

Topic: Security
- XXX is insecure version of php
- Dan has done external audit of Drupal and had interesting finds
- Lobo would like to do external audit of CiviCRM

Topic: Marketing
- Marketing material for CS / CiviCRM is in a bad shape and Zack will
be working on it shortly but could use some help

Topic: CiviCRM Development
- Who is developing CiviCRM and where they are located (US, Poland,
India)
- Need better developer documentation
- Dan from CivicActions talks about his experience w/ building on top
of CiviCRM (CiviPhoneBank, Advokit port)
- Kieran talks about his experience developing Drupal modules on top
of CiviCRM

Topic: Mass Mailing
- Kieran: Exposing PHP List features
- Dan: Working on CiviMail